Mental Health and Wellbeing Training for the Superannuation and Insurance Industry
Often when someone comes in contact with their superannuation or insurance provider, it can be at a distressing and confusing time in their life. The way these discussions are handled by the person in the call centre, Financial Planner or insurance claim staff member can have a huge impact on a person on claim’s ongoing psychological recovery resulting in poor outcomes for both the person making the claim and the Insurer supporting them.
SuperFriend offers a range of best-practice, practical and industry-specific Mental Health & Wellbeing Training (MH&W Training) for the Superannuation and Insurance Industry. The Training builds non-technical, but essential skills, to equip staff with the confidence to better support the member, improve business outcomes as a result, and look after themselves and their colleagues in the process.
Key topics covered include:
- Mental illness signs and symptoms
- What to do and what not to do
- Handling difficult telephone calls
- Handling crisis calls
- Identifying risk of suicide
- Talking to someone experiencing grief or bereavement
- Building rapport and empathy
- Listening skills
- Debriefing staff after difficult discussions with members
- Psychosocial responsibilities in the workplace
- The how, who, and where of referring
- Supporting staff and keeping people at work
SuperFriend’s Mental Health & Wellbeing Training for Superannuation and Insurance Industry staff is delivered by a specialist training provider, CommuniCorp Group. All modules are facilitated by qualified psychologists, and can be delivered throughout Australia.
Click here to learn more about our Claims modules.
Click here to learn more about our Call Centre modules.
To discuss your Mental Health & Wellbeing Training for the Superannuation and Insurance Industry needs:
Call: (03) 9615 8661