Why create a mentally healthy workplace? 51 percent of Australians have left a job because of poor mental health conditions and 40 percent have stayed in a job longer because the environment was mentally healthy.
A mentally healthy workplace is good for workers–and great for business! Mentally healthy workplaces:
- Reduce costs associated with absenteeism and high turnover
- Improve employee engagement, morale and retention
- Increase ability to attract good staff
- Improve productivity which can result in improved financial performance
- Reduce workers’ compensation claims and insurance premium costs
- Reduce litigation and fines for breaches of health and safety laws, and
- Reduce discrimination claims.
In fact, studies show a $2.30 return for every $1 invested in workplace mental health.
- Providing you with information, advice and strategies to help you get started
- Creating a strong workplace culture, through employee engagement and education, and
- Supporting Employees on an individual level, by encouraging peer-to-peer support.
If you want to learn more about building a mentally healthy workplace, creating a business case for investing in mental wellbeing or guidelines for promoting positive mental health in the workplace, subscribe to SuperFriend News.