Why create a mentally healthy workplace? 51 percent of Australians have left a job because of poor mental health conditions and 40 percent have stayed in a job longer because the environment was mentally healthy.
A mentally healthy workplace is good for business:
- Reduces costs associated with absenteeism and high worker turnover
- Improves employee engagement, morale and retention
- Increases ability to attract good staff
- Improves productivity which can result in improved financial performance
- Reduces workers’ compensation claims and insurance premium costs
- Reduces litigation and fines for breaches of health and safety laws
- Reduces discrimination claims
- Providing you with information, advice and strategies to help you get started
- Creating a strong workplace culture, through employee engagement and education
- Supporting Employees on an individual level, by encouraging peer-to-peer support
If you want to learn more about building a mentally healthy workplace, creating a business case for investing in mental wellbeing or promoting positive mental health in the workplace, subscribe to SuperFriend News.