SuperFriend is the mental health and wellbeing partner of the super and insurance industries. We partner with profit to member super funds and insurers who are seeking industry best practice mental health and wellbeing support for their staff and members at work.
With and through our partnerships, we reach workers in thousands of workplaces to drive positive, lasting change. Our solutions are co-created with our Partners, and designed to be useful, practical and create shared value – returning both economic and social benefit. People and positive results are at the heart of what we do.
By partnering with SuperFriend, funds are able to add value to their employer and member relationships by offering:
- Multi-employer events which provide an opportunity for funds to invite employers to learn about the benefits of a thriving workplace and how the fund can support them, through the SuperFriend partnership, to move their organisation towards this
- Regular exclusive workplace wellbeing webinars
- SuperFriend’s free or heavily discounted workplace wellbeing programs including presentations for staff in their workplaces
- Content and information to increase their awareness and understanding about workplace wellbeing
- Soft or hard copies of SuperFriend’s best-practice, evidence-informed resources
- SuperFriend provides briefings for employer services Relationship Managers to keep them informed of SuperFriend’s latest offerings as well as an online hub which hosts information to support communication and support of employers
- The latest tips and advice around workplace mental health and wellbeing via SuperFriend’s regular newsletter, SuperFriend News (which you can sign-up for here) and our social media sites:
To support our Partners to thrive as workplaces for the benefit of their business, staff, and members SuperFriend provides:
- Access to SuperFriend programs free of charge
- Recommendations for enhancements to the mental health claims processes and member outcomes and experiences with insurance through initiatives such as our best practice, nationally recognised TAKING ACTION framework
- Ongoing opportunities to provide feedback and input into the development of SuperFriend’s programs to suit their specific needs or respond to their members most at risk of poor mental health.