2019 Indicators of a Thriving Workplace Survey
Research is a critical part of the work we do, and a key part of our research program is the Indicators of a Thriving Workplace study.
Through this annual study, we have pinpointed actions most likely to help workers and workplaces thrive. We have also highlighted industries and groups of workers most at-risk—giving employers a clear and comprehensive roadmap for intervention.
Through the link below, you can download The Indicators of a Thriving Workplace 2019 National Report, analysing insights from over 10,000 Australian workers in a broad range of industries and occupations. We are also breaking this report down by industry and gender to gain further insights into the mental health of particular groups at work – you can download the profile reports of industries we’ve analysed so far below.
Key findings from this year’s Report include:
- The 2019 national ‘thriving workplace’ score is 62.7 out of 100, steady from last year
- More than half of Australia’s workers have experienced a mental health condition
- Two in five of these workers believe their workplace caused the condition or made it worse
- 1 in 5 workers find their job very or extremely stressful
- Workload and deadlines are the top causes of stress nationally
- The most common barrier to achieving a thriving workplace is lack of appropriate skills in managers
The survey tracks the progress of workplace mental health and wellbeing across Australia against an ideal or desired state and is a representative sample of Australia’s workforce.
Within the Report, you’ll find an overview of the 40 scientifically validated indicators known to be optimal for worker mental health and business success. The indicators cover the five key domains of thriving workplaces: leadership, connectedness, policy, capability and culture.
SuperFriend’s vision is for an Australia where all workplaces are mentally healthy, and this work is a vital part of bringing that to life.
Download your free copy of the 2019 report and targeted Profile Reports via the form below!
Previous editions of Indicators of a Thriving Workplace:
2018 Indicators of a Thriving Workplace
2017 Indicators of a Thriving Workplace
2016 Indicators of a Thriving Workplace (formerly known as Work in Progress Survey)
2015 Indicators of a Thriving Workplace (formerly known as Work in Progress Survey)