SuperFriend’s vision is for an Australia where all workplaces are mentally healthy.
With the support of our industry Partners, we work towards this by:
• helping organisations navigate their workplace wellbeing journey by providing evidence-informed strategic support, workplace training and resource solutions
• advocating for policy, regulation and workplace system change through strategic mental health and financial services alliances
• providing insights to industry, government and workplaces by analysing industry trends and data and conducting Australia’s largest annual national workplace mental health survey.
The Superfriend Story
SuperFriend’s story began in 2007 when superannuation funds and insurers realised the extent of the impact that mental illness and suicide was having on their members. With their collective mental health-related claims insights, and direct access to people on claim who were often experiencing the biggest challenges of their lives, they saw a unique opportunity to provide mental health support when it was needed most.
Why choose SuperFriend?
Our solutions create strong, cohesive, high performing teams — leading to greater agility and innovation.
- We’re not here to focus on what’s not working, instead we help to identify your organisation’s existing strengths and build on those for greater impact.
- We do the research so we can feed national workplace insights and benchmarks (from Australia’s largest annual workplace survey) into our evidence-based solutions.
- We get the best out of all employees by building a positive environment that people look forward to being part of, where they feel supported to perform at their best.
- We support your organisation’s wellbeing journey end-to-end across the entire business, creating shared responsibility for success.
SuperFriend in the news
“AustralianSuper’s partnership with SuperFriend has been incredibly valuable to us for the best part of a decade. SuperFriend is the only specialist organisation that provides these services to super funds that are then able to go out to hundreds of thousands of workplaces and assist employers and their employees to address the problems of mental health that affect so many Australians.”
“SuperFriend has improved the mental wellbeing of Sunsuper people by ensuring they feel supported and work in a positive environment. SuperFriend brings a lot to that equation in terms of helping us develop a wellbeing blueprint which has been critically important to developing our leaders to create a positive, supportive environment.”
“SuperFriend continues to play a really important role galvanising the industry to take action. We’ve already seen a lot of action that SuperFriend has triggered in the industry. They have been able to bring parts of the industry together and play that linking role.”
“SuperFriend is a very unique organisation and is very well placed to be a disrupter in terms of how we think and understand the areas concerning mental health. SuperFriend is a good policy body, it’s a good lobby body, it’s a good educator. It ensures that the mental health agenda remains on our agenda. I think that it’s important that it helps demystify and remove the stigma around all aspects of mental health.”
“People at SuperFriend are mental health champions and mental health experts who not only have the passion but they’ve got the qualifications and information to really help. We’ve seen some great benefits in our people’s confidence in dealing with people with mental health challenges because they’ve been trained. So it’s a great asset to our business. ”
“We’ve worked with SuperFriend closely to train our staff to be more aware around mental illness. The advantage we’ve got with SuperFriend is that they know our industry really, really well, but they also know us really well. So there’s no relationship barriers to get over, there’s a trusted relationship that makes the work we do together so much easier.”
“Having a workplace partner like SuperFriend is critical. We can’t do this on our own. We work in financial services, it’s highly technical and often we’re not equipped with the right expertise and the knowledge to know how to deal with issues of mental health, but they affect our staff and the customers we’re dealing with every day. So having an organisation with the expertise that understands our sector as well is incredibly valuable.”
“I think having SuperFriend as a partner ensures that no one is forgetting about mental health and the importance of it. All funds are seeing increases in the number of mental health claims in their insurance area. It’s incredibly important for us not to lose sight of the fact that we have a role to play in improving people’s mental health.”